Welcome to The Waves RV Resort
It is our goal to make your stay at The Waves RV Resort the best that it can be and achieve the highest standard possible by providing a well maintained and enjoyable environment for all our Guests. Our Guidelines are in place to set the tone for your stay and ensure a harmonious atmosphere for all. If at any time you have a question or concern about the Guidelines or the actions of others, please address it to the Management Team. Please know that we take violations very seriously and will be actively enforcing our terms, so your attention to them is greatly appreciated!
**Management reserves the right to address any issues not included below.
PLEASE READ ALL THE GUIDELINES THOROUGHLY
Check In Time: 3:00 pm Check Out Time: 11:00am
Quite Hours: 10:00PM – 8:00AM – Excessive noise or inconsiderate behavior will result in removal from the Resort without refund
Winter (November – April)
M – F 8:30am to 5:00pm Sat 10:00am – 2:00pm
Summer (May – October)
M – F 8:30am to 5:00pm Closed Saturday & Sunday
Office Phone: 239-793-6886
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY ONLY – PLEASE CALL – 239-778-7665
Only use this number in case of after hours emergency or call 911
- All residents and guests MUST stop to check in upon arrival at the office. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Late arrivals: For arrivals after 5:00pm, please call the Office prior to arrival to make arrangements. Drive ups without reservation are Not permitted after normal business hours.
- Upon arrival all guests will be provided a welcome packet with information regarding the Resort, their stay and the local area offerings.
DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Rates are subject to change.
- Rates are based on a one or two person occupancy per site.
- All Reservations require a deposit to hold the reservation.
- Deposit of $500 is required for all stays of 30 days or longer
- Deposit of $100 is required on all weekly stays.
- On all stays under 7 days, a one night deposit is required upon reservation.
- No shows will result in forfeiture of entire deposit.
- Balance is due upon arrival for all stays of 4 months or less.
- NO REFUNDS for early departure – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Stays of 30 days or more: If cancelled up to 61 days prior to arrival, deposit is refunded in full. If cancelled 60 day prior to arrival, a $200 cancellation fee will be charged. If cancellation is 59 days or less, the entire deposit is forfeited.
- Weekly Stays: If cancelled 30 days or more prior to arrival, deposit will be refunded in full. Deposits are forfeited if cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival.
- Daily Stays: If cancelled 72 hours or more prior to arrival, deposit will be refunded in full. Deposits are forfeited if cancelled less than 72 hours prior to arrival.
- All payments MUST be made in US funds. Returned checks will result in a $50- returned check fee.
- Installment payments are available for any stay 4 months or longer.
- There are no weather related refunds except in the event of a State Mandated Evacuation. See Hurricane Plan of Action
- RV Site Reservations are for a specific site type (Standard, Premium, Elite, Lake, etc. ). We accept all site requests, however we do not guarantee site numbers. We do our best to accommodate your requests based on availability and length of stay. The office assigns the sites and longer stays have priority. The Resort will not relocate another reservation site assignment simply because that guest has not yet arrived. Management reserves the right to change your site number at any time, for any reason.
- Check in time is 3:00pm, If you arrive early, keep in mind that your site may not be ready. Early check in fees may apply, please contact the office for additional information. Early check in is not always guaranteed.
- Departure time is 11:00am: Late departure requires Office approval with a minimum of 24 hour notice. Fees for late departure may apply.
- Electric – Annual residents are expected to have electric service transferred into a personal account with Florida Power and Light. Service is required to stay connected 12 months a year. Seasonal and Monthly guests have an electric allowance of $70 per month included in their monthly rent and are expected to pay for any overages. You will be invoiced by the Resort office and a copy of the bill will be included for your reference.
RESORT SITE RULES:
- Tents are not permitted on sites NO EXCEPTIONS
- Clotheslines are not permitted in the Resort
- Parking is limited to two vehicles per site and must be parked on the designated area of your site. Parking on the grass or on vacant sites is prohibited without prior authorization from Management. Additional guest parking is available at the clubhouse or office.
- Automobiles/ Golf Carts are to be operated by licensed drivers only. NO EXCEPTIONS and this rule will be Strictly Enforced.
- Children under the age of 18 are prohibited from golf cart operation in the resort. A violation notice will be issued and fines will apply. Repeat violators will be asked to leave the resort.
- Speed Limit is 10 mph. Traffic rules and STOP signs must be adhered to by all vehicles, Golf Carts, bikes, scooters, motorcycles and pedestrians, for the safety of all residents and guests. Repeat violators will be asked to leave the resort.
- Vehicle Repair and maintenance is prohibited onsite. With the exception of changing a flat tire.
- Golf Carts must be equipped with working headlights if driven a night.
- Bicycles ridden after dark must have proper lighting
- Bicycles, scooters, golf carts, etc. are allowed on paved roads only and not to be operated on any sidewalks or pathways around the clubhouse area, pool area and recreation areas. Park your bikes at the appropriate bike racks. No parking of any kind in front of doors or walkways to allow for access.
- All Vehicles including RVs, trailers, boats, and cars/trucks, must have valid tag registration and must be insured at all times while in the Resort.
RV and SITE MAINTENANCE:
- RV’s and Park Models are to be kept in good condition and maintained to the standards of the resort. RV/Park Model owner is responsible for the general upkeep and the tidiness around their assigned site. If the site does not meet the standards of the Resort in terms of condition, a written notice will be sent with 3 days to rectify the situation. The management reserves the right to terminate the rental agreement at any time for violations.
- RV’s must be 10 years old or newer, good condition and in accordance with Zeman Resort requirements.
- Exteriors must be kept clean at all times with no tarps or unsightly window coverings like aluminum foil, broken blinds, sheets, blankets, or towels.
- Roofs, siding, doors, windows, skirting and steps must be kept clean and in good condition and free of mold at all times.
- Tow Vehicles and Towable Trailers like cargo, boat, or utility trailers may not obstruct the view of your neighbors or obstruct the view of traffic.
- Boats and Boat trailers are not permitted to be parked on sites. A limited storage area is available for an additional fee.
- No air conditioner window units allowed.
- Electrical pedestals may not be altered and “pigtails” are not permitted.
- Appliances such as Washers/Dryers and Refrigerators are not permitted outside your unit. Small Refrigerators may be inside a shed, lanai or gazebo.
- Sewer hose donuts are required. All waste must be properly disposed of into our sewer system.
- Fences or dog pens of any kind are not permitted on-site.
- Subletting of sites or units is strictly prohibited and grounds for eviction.
SITE & UNIT ALTERATIONS:
All modifications, additions, deletions, or changes must have prior Resort Management approval by completing a Lot Modification Request form, available at the Office. This includes but is not limited to sheds, additions, screened rooms, air-conditioners, installation or removal of trees, concrete, addition of pavers, or landscape changes
- Sheds: Only annual residents may have sheds. Only one utility shed per site is permitted and requires prior Resort Management approval. Sheds may not be larger than 8’ x 10’ and must be made of “Rubbermaid” like material and strapped down. Sheds may not be in the grass area where it will interfere with moving or trimming.
- Gazebos or Canopies: Are permitted on any site provided they are fully contained on the hard surface and not extending into the grass area where it will interfere with mowing or trimming. Gazebos and canopy tops must be removed prior to departure for the season.
- Flowers and Shrubs: Planting of shrubs and flowers require prior approval unless in decorative planter pots. Planters and pots must be located on hard surfaces and not located in the grass where they will interfere with mowing and trimming. All planters must be put away upon departure for the season so they do not become projectile instruments in the event of a Hurricane.
- Trees: The Waves RV Resort is a Resort with many trees. Therefore, it is imperative that any Guest understands the risks associated with renting a site in the Resort as it relates to such trees. The Resort Owner will not be responsible for damage to the Guest’s RV unit, damage or injury to any persons occupying the lot, or any damage to the Guest’s personal property while the Guest is occupying a site in the Resort (with the exception of any injury or damage which occurs as a result of gross negligence or intentional misconduct on the part of the Resort Owner or its agents). The Guest should contact his or her insurance provider regarding coverage for any potential injury or damage resulting from trees which are on Resort property. If the Guest believes that all or part of a tree is dead, diseased, or dying, or that a tree branch is at imminent risk of breaking and falling, the Guest should contact Resort Management immediately. All trees, shrubs and plants on the lot are the property of the Resort and are not to be moved by the Guest. Existing trees or shrubs must not be damaged or removed by the Guest without prior written permission of Resort Management.
- On Site Sales: No Park Models or RV’s with “add-ons” may be sold without notifying the office. For Sale signs may not be larger than 11” x 17” may be placed in the window or on the unit and not on the lawn. All units for sale are subject to an inspection before resale. The buyer must complete a Community Application and be approved prior to possession of the unit. The seller is responsible for failure to comply. All units sold older than 10 years old will be at the discretion of Management if the unit is within the guidelines to remain onsite or must be removed by the seller/buyer. If an applicant is not approved they will be required to remove the unit at their expense.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in the clubhouse, gym or billiard room unless attended by an adult at all times.
- Glass bottles, smoking, vaping, and pets are NOT allowed in Pool, Pool area, clubhouse, laundry or other common areas. Proper attire is required in all buildings.
- Possession or discharge of firearms or fireworks is strictly forbidden.
- Wood Fire pits are not permitted on sites.
- Grills are not permitted on picnic tables.
- Pool hours are Dawn to Dusk. Proper swim wear is required at all times in the pool and spa.
- Swim at your own risk. NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.
- Swim diapers are required for all children not potty trained.
- Floating devices, inner tubes, rafts, or air mattresses are not permitted in the pool, except “noodles” and child arm flotations devices.
- Everyone must shower before entering the pool or spa, especially after tanning oil or skin protection has been applied.
- Additional charges for extra person/persons staying overnight in the amount of $10 per night per visitor and must be paid at the time of arrival.
- All registered overnight visitors may use the resort amenities and attend resort functions.
- Visitors who have not registered or paid are not entitled to use the community facilities such as showers, pool and recreational equipment.
- Residents / Guests are responsible for the actions of visitors and must be accompanied by Resident /Guest when in the clubhouse or pool area.
- Consequences of failure to register your visitor could result in payment of guest fees as well as violation fee.
- All pets must be registered with the Office.
- All pets must be on a 6-foot leash at all times, except in designated dog park, and under the pet owners control at all times. No tethering, cages or pens are permitted. Pets may not be tethered outside while Resident / Guest is not at home.
- Be a responsible pet owner and pick up after your pet.
- Pets are NOT allowed in the Office, Clubhouse, Recreation Area, bath- houses, laundry room, pool /spa area, sports courts or other common areas.
- Maximum of 2 pets per RV / Park Model Site.
- Aggressive dogs of any breed are not welcomed at The Waves RV Resort. If your dog shows behavior that is protective and unfriendly to strangers and other pets, please do not bring it with you.
- Our insurance policy prohibits us from allowing any breeds having a history of unfriendly and aggressive behavior to other dogs and to humans.
- The only exceptions to these rules are “Service Dogs” as defined by the ADA. The ADA (The Americans with Disability Act) defines a service animal as any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal professionally trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability. The federal rules are explained below:
“The rule defines “service animal” as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. The rule states that other animals, whether wild or domestic, do not qualify as service animals. Dogs that are not trained to perform tasks that mitigate the effects of a disability, including dogs that are used purely for emotional support, are not service animals.”
- Only household trash may be placed out for pickup.
- All trash must be bagged and ready to be picked up by 8:00am on designated days. Recycling cans is voluntary and is currently a Guest organized program
- Items such as paint cans, propane cylinders, furniture, old carpet, batteries, tires and large items must be disposed of at the local landfill.
- Please contact your local county or city for disposal instructions.
- All fish are catch and release only.
- NO SWIMMING ALLOWED IN LAKE BEWARE OF ALLIGATORS!
- PLEASE DO NOT FEED WILDLIFE including Alligators! Please report any and all alligator sightings to the Resort Office immediately.
- For safety reasons, inflatable rafts or boats, stand up paddle boards, canoes, or kayaks are not allowed on the lake
- Resort Management of this park may refuse accommodations of service to any person whose conduct on the premises of the park displays intoxication, profanity, lewdness, or brawling; who indulges in such language or conduct as to disturb the peace or comfort of other tenants or guests; who engages in illegal or disorderly conduct; or whos conduct constitutes a nuisance. Such refusal of accommodations or service shall not be based upon race, color, national origin, gender. Physical disability, or creed.
- Management reserves the right to deny any person/persons the privilege to use any of our park facilities either on a temporary or permanent basis for infractions of these Guidelines.
- PERSONS VIOLATING THESE GUIDELINES WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE PREMISES. MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ENFORCE AND MAINTAIN THESE RULES.
- Guest(s) agrees to hold harmless, indemnify and defend the Resort Owner and Resort Management for any bodily or other personal injury to the Guest(s), family members, and any of Guest(s) guests or others, and for any property damage for property of the Guest(s) or Guest(s) guest, or for any such injury or damage sustained on the RV Site or Resort. The Guest(s) shall further indemnify, hold harmless and defend Resort Owner and Resort Management personnel from any and all losses, damage, expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of any claim asserted by any person for loss, damage or injury to such person caused by any act, fault, neglect or omission of any Guest(s), family member or guest of the Guest(s) at the RV Site or in the Resort. Resort Owner and Resort Management are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged articles of the Guest(s), family member or any guest of the Guest(s) under any circumstances. Guest(s) are required to maintain their own liability, health and property insurance covering all of their risks at The Waves RV Resort.